How To Search For Files Based On Date In Windows 10
[Simple Commands For Time Specific Searches]
Searching for files in Windows is quite an easy task. But when you have thousands of files to sort from, this same process can become quite difficult.
To make this easier, we can use time specific searches which let us look for files based on the time frame they were modified in. You can do this quite easily just by following these steps:
- Go to the folder you want to search in.
- Click on the Search box located in the top right corner.
- Enter the following command – modified:6/1/2016 .. 6/10/2016 – to search for files modified between this time frame.
- The folder will then filter all the files relevant to your search time frame and present them to you.
- You can change the dates to whatever you like, as long as you keep the two dots between them.
With these easy steps, you will be able to search and find files that were created and modified within a specific time range. Have fun.
Share if you Like
Posted on : 21 Jul 2016 @ 23:46