How To Unlock A Chromebook With An Android Phone
[Use Smart Lock Feature For Easy Login]
With the announcement of Mac OS and iOS 10, a lot of people are getting excited about the fact that they will be able to unlock their laptops through their smartphones and smartwatches.
However, what most people forget that Google also provides this service to their Chrome OS users who can unlock their Chromebooks with the help of their android smartphones.
This feature is called Smart Lock and it can be setup within minutes. To activate and use this feature, follow these simple steps:
- Connect your smartphone and your Chromebook to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Open “Settings” on your Chromebook.
- Scroll down to the “Show Advanced Settings” option.
- Click on the “Show Advanced Settings” button to reveal all options.
- Scroll down to “Smart Lock For Chromebook”.
- Click the “Set Up” button located under this title.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- Make sure your phone is unlocked.
- Click on the “Find Your Phone” button in the dialog box.
- Wait for the system to locate your device.
- Once it finds it, the tag will convert to “Use This Phone”.
- Click on the “Use This Phone” button to start the pairing.
- Click on “Try It Out”.
- A login screen will show up and the system will start searching for your phone again.
- Once it finds it, it will ask you to click on the picture to login.
- Click and the system will unlock, as long as your device is nearby and connected to the same network.
- You will also receive a notification on your smartphone.
With these easy steps, you will be able to easily login into your Chromebook by using just your smartphone. Have fun.
Share if you Like
Posted on : 26 Aug 2016 @ 03:35