You can now easily backup all your SMS, MMS and other important correspondence to online locations for safekeeping, thanks to a brilliant yet simple app.
The app we are referring to is called SMS Backup & Restore, and it is available for free to anyone who would like to keep their information safe for future usage.
The reason why this app needs your attention, is because most people have no problem saving their pictures and videos online, yet they still never think of the valuable data they occasionally receive through SMS.
Even if you are smart enough to Encrypt Your Phone, this data can still be lost, if your phone ends up getting destroyed or stolen somehow.
To prevent this loss, follow these steps:
- Download, install and run the app.
- Click on “Backup”.
- You will see a new popup.
- Here, you can select what you want to backup, including SMS, MMS and even Call Logs.
- You can select the “Selected Conversations Only” option to select the messages individually.
- Once done, select the “Local Backup & Upload” option.
- Choose the service you want to use for online backup.
- You can choose between Google Drive, Dropbox or an email address.
- Select the option you want.
- You will be asked to login with your existing account.
- Login and grant the app any permissions it requires.
- Make sure you click on the “Test” button to verify if the service is up and running.
- Go back and repeat the procedure if you want multiple backups.
- You can also restrict the uploads to Wi-Fi in order to save data.
- Save and close the window.
- Everything you selected will automatically be uploaded.
With these simple steps, you will be able to easily backup all your SMS conversations to an online location for safekeeping.