Safari is a great default browser provided by Apple on all it’s devices. It’s fast and stable, yet has a design that’s quite simple and easy to understand.
Despite all these features though, there are a lot of people that have been switching over to Google Chrome, thanks to it’s light interface.
While switching between browsers may not sound like a big deal, but it can still become a tedious process when you have to transfer all your bookmarks and other information between them.
This task becomes twice as hard when you have to do it on a mobile. Thankfully, there are ways through which you can complete this process without a lot of effort.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Select “iCloud” from the menu.
- In the iCloud menu, toggle “Safari” to activate sync.
- Wait for the bookmarks to sync with iCloud.
- On your computer, download and install Apple iCloud and Google Chrome.
- Open iCloud and check the “Bookmarks” option.
- In the popup, select “Microsoft Explorer” and click on Ok.
- In the main menu, start a new Sync.
- When asked to confirm the merging of bookmarks, click on “Merge”.
- Wait for the bookmarks to be merged.
- Open Chrome and click on the “Three Bar” menu icon.
- Open the “Bookmarks” options and select “Import Bookmarks And Settings”.
- In the popup, select “Microsoft Explorer” from the drop down menu.
- Check the “Favorites/Bookmarks” option and click on “Import”.
- Wait for the bookmarks to be imported.
- Once done, click on the “Three Bar” menu icon again and select “Settings”.
- Under the “Sign In” section, click on the “Sign In To Chrome” button.
- Sign In with the same account you use for the Chrome browser on iOS.
- Wait for the bookmarks to sync with the account.
- Now open the Chrome browser in your iPhone.
- Click on the “Three Dot” menu icon and select “Settings”.
- Click on “Sign In To Chrome” if you aren’t already logged in.
- Tap on “Ok, Got It” to sync the bookmarks.
- Wait for the bookmarks to sync.
With these steps, you will be able to make sure all your bookmarks are synced between Chrome and Safari.