How To Control Smart Home Devices With A Smartphone
[Set Custom Routines For All SmartHome Devices]
Controlling your home through electronics is one of the main goals of the Smart Home market. Samsung is a big participant in this market through their SmartThings project.
Under this project, they provide a wide variety of smart home devices that let you automate your home. Their app also lets you control other third party smart home devices.
You can control all these devices individually, or set special routines for them that will change multiple settings in multiple devices at the click of just one button.
To set such custom routine, follow these steps:
- Download (iOS, Android, Windows), install and run the SmartThings app.
- Connect all the Smart Home devices to the app.
- Click on the “Routines” button and then click on “+”.
- Give a name to your custom routine and click “Next”.
- Go through the list of devices and actions.
- Choose what you want to happen with these devices, one by one.
- Once done, scroll down to the “Additional Settings” section.
- Click the “Automatically perform [routine name]” button.
- Select the automatic trigger that would activate this routine.
- Press “Done” to save the routine.
- The routine will automatically activate and execute all changes based on the trigger.
- You can trigger the routine by tapping on it’s name in the “Routines” section.
With these simple steps, you will be able to create, modify and execute all sorts of changes to your smart home devices with just one click.
Share if you Like
Posted on : 10 Jul 2016 @ 20:40
More in iOS