Google Docs is an online application being run by Google, which lets you create, edit and manage with various types of documents, without the need to open any Ms Office applications.
Among all the things that you can do with this platform, there is also one special ability of being able to scan and convert PDF files into Google Doc documents, so that you can make changes to them with ease.
In principle, it’s almost the same as Converting Images To Text, but the process is still a lot more straightforward, and doesn’t involve any third party softwares or add-ons.
To use this feature, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and navigate to Google Docs.
- Login with your Google account.
- Drag and drop the PDF file you want to convert into the Docs window.
- Wait for the document to be uploaded.
- Close the Upload Completed notification.
- Right click on the file, and select “Google Docs” from the “Open With” menu.
- The file will be converted and opened as a Google Doc editable file.
- A new version of the document will be added to the document list.
- It will still have an pdf extension, even though the icon is changed.
- You can now make any changes that you want to the file.
- Click on “File” menu, then click on the “Download As” option.
- From here you can save the edited document in different formats according to your preferences.
With these simple steps, you will be able to convert and edit PDF files in Google Docs. Have fun.