Like other browsers Chrome allows you to create and save multiple profiles by using your email ID.
Each profile can be customized to have a different set of bookmarks, search history, settings, toolbar buttons etc.
You can switch between these profiles by going to the profile badge on the top right corner of the browser.
However, there is an easier option of switching profiles, that lets you create a desktop shortcut, which when clicked will open Chrome directly into a profile the shortcut is for.
To create such a shortcut, follow these simple steps:
- Run Chrome and click the profile badge in the upper-right corner.
- Wait for the dialog box top open and then click on the “Switch Person” button.
- This will display all the profiles you have on Chrome. Click on the profile icon that to create a desktop shortcut for.
- If you are already signed into the profile you want to create a shortcut for, then all the above steps are pointless.
- Click the Chrome menu button in the upper-right corner of the browser window to access the complete browser menu.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the “People” section and click on the current active profile.
- Click on the “Edit” button and wait for the dialog box to pop up.
- Click on the “Add Desktop Shortcut” button.
- You can also edit other things in the profile like name and image.
- Click “Save” and close the browser.
- Go to the desktop and double click on the newly created shortcut to see if it works.
With these easy steps, you can access all your profiles directly from the desktop.